Passing the hair follicle drug test is one of the major requirements of many companies to be hired as a new employee.
And for those who use or take alcohol, cigarettes, marijuana, and other illegal drugs, hair drug tests can be a bit of a hassle and nerve-wracking experience.
The good news is, there are some ways that could help you pass your hair follicle test.
The Jerry G method and the Macujo are the most common hair detox methods that can simply be done at home.
However, this process involves the use of baking soda, tide detergent, vinegar, and the likes that not only takes time to prepare but can also be a little too harsh on the skin.
That’s why if you are looking for a gentler and easier way to get rid of drug metabolites off your hair shaft, then you might want to consider using hair follicle detox shampoos instead.
As there are a lot of hair detox shampoo brands available in the market, allow me to walk you through one brand that has been said to help many succeed with their hair tests – the Omni Cleansing Shampoo.
Interested to know more? Keep reading as we discuss more about this detox shampoo.
We will discuss its pros, cons, or if it’s effective or not.
We will also provide you with tips on increasing your chances of a negative hair drug test result.
So let’s get started!
TLDR: Omni Cleansing Shampoo Overview
Drug metabolites can stay in your bloodstream which is carried through your hair follicles for up to 90 days prior to drug use. As a result, more and more companies are widely using hair follicle drug tests rather than urine tests to check for the subjects’ drug consumption habits.
But don’t panic. Relying on the best hair detox shampoos can help you pass your hair test when used properly and carefully with extra effort.
Purified Brand – Omni Cleansing Shampoo is a deep hair cleanser shampoo that is formulated to help remove chlorine and traces of any drug toxins or chemical residue buildup from the hair shaft and hair follicles.
It has easy-to-use directions that will leave your hair clean without damaging it. You just need 5 to 10 minutes in every wash to achieve cleaner and toxin-free hair.
- Remove drug toxins and other unwanted pollutants to hair.
- Ideal for swimmers as they are greatly exposed to chlorine – this may cause hair to dry.
- Made in the United States of America
- Gentle enough – cleanses without damaging hair.
- The instructions are just similar to that of using a regular shampoo.
- Effectiveness can last for up to 8 to 10 hours
- Cheaper price compared to other hair detox shampoos such as zydot ultra-clean and old-style aloe toxin rid shampoo
- A simple method to detox
- Less exposure to harsh chemicals compared to using astringents, cleansing agents, and detergents that may cause skin irritation.
- Solely relying on the product alone may not be enough. Extra steps are recommended to increase the chances of passing a hair drug test, especially for heavy drug users.
- You may need to wash hair several times for it to be effective.
Interested? Here’s the link to purchase!
In-Depth Review: Omni Cleansing Shampoo
How to use
Omni cleansing shampoo is easy to use, here are its steps:
- Wet hair thoroughly, use ½ of the bottle to evenly distribute to your hair.
- Massage on the scalp and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. If you have coarse and dark hair, allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse hair.
- Apply the remaining ½ of the bottle, then repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Brush your hair with a clean or new comb after rinsing.
- Lastly, let hair dry using a clean and fresh towel.
This product does not offer any refund or return policy.
Who is it best for?
If you want to get rid of unwanted pollutants from your hair and if you are willing to take extra steps to increase the chance of passing your hair drug test, Omni Shampoo can be one of your hair care solutions.
[You may also want to check out: High Voltage Detox Shampoo Review ]
Increase Chances of Passing Hair Follicle Drug Test with these Tips
If you want to increase your chances of getting a favorable hair drug test result, take extra steps on your cleansing routine by following these tips:
- Use Omni Cleansing Detox Shampoo twice a day, at least for ten days before your hair drug test. Then, on the day of the hair drug test, you may wash your hair thrice for extra clean hair free of pollutants and drug residues.
This hair follicle detox shampoo lasts for 8 to 10 hours only, so make sure to use the product for at least an hour or two before providing your hair sample for optimal results.
- One thing you want to avoid is to re-contaminate your clean hair with toxins, this is why it is highly advised to buy a new comb, do not use the same hair towel, change your pillowcase, avoid using hats, and avoid using other hair products.
- Lastly, make sure to stop using unwanted drugs once you find out that you have an upcoming hair drug test. Quitting as soon as you hear of the hair drug test will be of big help.
However, If you are a heavy user of marijuana or other drug substances, most users who have passed the test still recommend you to go the extra mile and follow the Majuco or Jerry G method alongside before using Omni Cleansing Shampoo.
- Before using the detox shampoo, wash your hair with warm water to open the hair follicles and rub white vinegar to your hair, and leave it for an hour. Then proceed with using Omni Cleansing Shampoo as instructed.
- Or scrub a quart-size amount of Tide Detergent on your hair and rinse with water. Then, wash your hair with Omni Detox Shampoo.
What Do People Say About It?
Reviews on Amazon contain positive and negative feedback from customers. But overall, the positive one still outweighs the negative.
Here’s a review that came from a regular smoker, he wrote:
“Yes, this works. No, I am not paid to tell you this. I am a regular smoker and didn’t think I’d have a chance to pass this test. I paired it with tide, washed my hair the night before and morning of the hair follicle test. My hair reaches my butt, and this worked. I got my test results and everything came back negative. It’s worth it. Now I have a job where I make 16 dollars an hour. Thank you, Omni.”
Another one wrote:
“Using this product alone effectively cleans your hair of products and chemicals. But if you are using it for other reasons *cough* testing is not very effective. I myself used it as part of a system for cleaning my hair and it worked very well enabling me to pass twice. But as a standalone one-step cleaner won’t work so use it as part of a hair treatment system for best effectiveness.”
1. What happens during a hair follicle test?
Hair drug tests usually take place either in a hospital, lab, or sometimes in your workplace.
What they do is they use a scissor to cut about 100 to 120 hair strands of about 1.5 inches long. Once collected, these samples are submitted to the lab wherein they are analyzed to determine drug use in the past 90 days.
For those with very little hair to no hair on the head, sometimes they use body hair such as hair on your chest, arms, and legs to collect samples instead.
What’s good about this test is they usually inform it ahead of time, this allows you some time to prepare.
2. What drugs can be detected during a hair follicle test?
Hair follicle tests can detect a wide range of drug substances, this can include:
3. Are hair follicle tests accurate?
Hair follicle tests can be pretty accurate, they usually divide the test into 2 parts to eliminate potential incorrect results. This includes Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS).
The first screening test is the ELISA test, once the result comes negative, there is no need to go through GC-MS. But when the result is positive on the ELISA test, this is required to undergo an additional test which is the GC-MS.
Moreover, if you think that your hair drug test result is inaccurate, you may request to retake the test from your employer as soon as possible.
4. Can bleaching your hair help you pass the test?
Bleaching can remove “some” chemical residue build-up and drug metabolites present in your scalp, however, its effectiveness cannot be guaranteed.
This method has about 40% effectiveness, making it kind of risky and might not be enough.
Collectors are also becoming aware of this method to bypass the test, once they notice you have undergone bleaching, they might ask for a different sample from other body parts.
5. Can secondhand smoke result in a positive test?
That can unlikely happen, hair drug tests detect drugs through your bloodstream that get into your hair follicle and not from the outside source.
6. Can it also detect one-time drug use?
There can still be a chance of getting a positive result if you have taken the drug in the last 3-month window.
7. When is the best time to use Omni Detox Shampoo?
Time can play an important factor when it comes to the effectiveness of a detox shampoo.
According to their website wellgenix, Omni detox shampoo keeps hair cleansed for about 8- 10 hours.
One piece of advice is to make sure not to take the test when it’s already more than 8 hours after using it, hence, it is recommended to use the detox shampoo an hour or 2 before.
Additionally, to provide extra cleaning power, make sure to wash more than once on the actual day of your hair test.
8. What happens if you sweat?
Recontaminating our hair with pollutants and other residues is one thing we want to avoid from happening.
When we perspire, this releases toxins that are still present in your body, and these could go back to your hair follicles, contaminating your clean hair again.
Best to stay in a cool environment, and avoid places and activities that can make you sweat.
The Verdict: Should You Buy it?
Omni Cleansing Shampoo is one of the detox shampoos available in the market to help remove drug metabolites and other toxins from the hair scalp and hair follicle so you can pass your hair follicle drug test.
It is safe and mild on hair. In addition, its effectiveness lasts for eight to ten hours.
But the product effectiveness still varies. The extent of effectiveness may depend on how long and how much drug metabolites have accumulated in your bloodstream and hair shaft.
Like any other detox shampoo, it may work for some, but not with others. It is still recommended to take extra steps to achieve a higher chance of negative drug test results.
Aside from hair detox shampoo, Omni also offers other body cleansing products which include Omni cleansing capsules 4ct, soft gels, Cleansing drinks 16 and 32 oz (available in grape and fruit punch), instant 1oz liquid (extra strength), and a complete clean 7-day cleansing program.
This helps provide a safe and effective way to remove unwanted toxin buildup in our bodies on an everyday basis.
I hope you find this article helpful! If you like this article, make sure to check out our other articles at HairsAffairs.com.