THE WOVEN BRAIDED BUN TUTORIAL
Hello lovely! I’m back with a new requested tutorial! The woven braided bun. On a side note, I love hearing from you and what kind of tutorials you’d like me to do next, so feel free to leave me comments and requests here, on Youtube or Instagram, whatever works best for you 😉 I’m also on Bloglovin now, so if you’re on there feel free to follow my blog and never miss a post again 😉 It’s an awesome way to follow all the blogs you like all in one place, so you might want to sign up there if you haven’t yet!
Now back to the hairstyle. Messy buns are always adorable (at least I think so) and I love giving them some kind of braided braided accent to add visual interest. I love this woven braid because it gives a nice, intricate touch, and it’s quite easy to recreate! Ok, let’s get to it!
The woven braided bun
In my opinion this hairstyle works best on slightly curled hair (easier to do a bun formed of twists) as it gives it a more romantic touch. But I’ll leave that choice up to you as this might depend on hair length and hair texture. Watch the pictorial below followed by step-by-step instructions or watch the video at the bottom of the post to see how to recreate this hairstyle.
- Part your hair the way you like it, than pick up a section (no more than two inches wide) in the back of your head and divide it into two strands. These will be the two main strands, A (left) and B (right), that you won’t let go of. The other strands you’ll pick up from the sides, you’ll weave through the main strands and gradually let go of.
- Pick up a small section (let’s call this the additional section) next to strand A on your left side and cross it under A and over B.
- Now pick up a section next to strand B on the right side, cross it over the previous additional section and under strand B and over A. You can let go of the previous additional section you picked up on the left side.
- Same on the other side, pick up a new section on the left side, cross it over the additional section previously taken from the right, then let go of that previous section and cross your new additional section under A and over B.
- Alternate steps 3 and 4 until you’ve incorporated all of the hair from the sides and gather everything into a ponytail. Now you can adjust the pieces you’ve weaved through the two main strands and bring them closer together or simply place them to your liking. Usually it’s the first strand you’ve weaved through, at the top, that needs to be brought lower to blend better with the rest.
- Tease the hair in the ponytail gently and start twisting separate sections, placing them loosely around the nape of the ponytail and pin them in place bobby pins. Once everything is pinned into place, the hairstyle is done 🙂
TIP: Use mirrors to help guide you through the process and make final adjustments. Once you’re happy with the way things look, spray everything with hairspray! Voilà, your done! 🙂
Still feel confused? Don’t worry! Just watch the video tutorial below:
Let me know what you think of this woven braided bun or simply tell me what you’d like to see or read in the future!
I you like these tutorials please follow my Best of Hairs Affairs board on Pinterest.
See you next time gorgeous, have a great hair day! 🙂