LAST MINUTE HOLIDAY HAIRSTYLES – EASY HACKS
In need of some last minute holiday hairstyles inspiration? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! 🙂 This week I want to show you 3 REALLY EASY and quite cool ways to style your hair quickly, have that holiday polished look in no time and be out the door! And you’ve still got about a week to go out and grab some affordable hair accessories to glam things up, in case you want to 😉 Let’s not waste time and get started, shall we? Remember, I always include a video version of the tutorials in all my posts, so if you prefer to watch me in action, go ahead and scroll down to the bottom of this post 😉
The elegant looped side bun
I have to say, I loooove this one! And it looks so elaborate, when in reality it’s truly a piece of cake.
- Make four loops next to each other along your lower hairline, by starting to tie a ponytail but not pulling all of the hair through the last time. Make it unsymmetrical for a side bun look (but it’s really up to you were you want to place them).
- Intertwine and merge the loops together randomly (kind of randomly, but try to merge loop 2 with 1, 3 with 2 and 4 with 3), and pin in place with bobby pins.
- Twist and pin the ends of the ponytails as well.
That’s really all! Now you can pull everything apart just a bit for a fuller look, and why not add a head band to give it a bit more of a holiday spin? I used quite an affordable one from H&M. I couldn’t find it online, but I also like this one from Bijou Brigitte. Here’s another angle of this hairstyle:
Easy french twist hack
This one I saw somewhere on the internet and couldn’t resist trying it out! It actually works quite well. Did you know chop sticks can be used for more than eating sushi? 😉
- Make a ponytail below the occipital bone, not too low and not too high.
- Loosen the tie a bit and place one of the chop sticks through the middle of your hair above the elastic.
- Place the second stick next to it, “outside of the ponytail”.
- Holding on to both sticks, pull the elastic further down, away from your head, as far as you can reach (make sure not to loose layers if you have any).
- Start rolling the section to one side. If you have longer hair, make sure to hide the ends now.
- Pin everything with bobby pins. Once the hair is secured, you can remove the sticks and further refine the look if needed.
Adding a decorative comb will add even more elegance and sparkle 😉 I used one from Glitter and I got it in Norway. Couldn’t find it online anymore either, but you can find these kind of combs, like this one from Bijou Brigitte, pretty much anywhere 😉
The easy top knot hack
I saw this on Kayley Melissa’s Youtube channel and I think this is such a cool way to do a bun! I never tried this before and maybe my hair wasn’t long enough. As you can see however, my ponytail isn’t that long, so do give it a go if you have shorter hair! If your hair is still a bit too short, try one of my other techniques that work on short hair, like this one here.
- Pull you hair up into a high ponytail.
- Divide the hair in two and bring the sections to the front.
- Tie a knot, as if you were tying a shoe lace.
- Bring the sections to the back and tie a knot once again. You should have long enough hair to be able to at least tie the hair twice. For long hair just keep alternating sides and tying knots until you run out of hair.
- Bring the ends to the front, hide them underneath the rest of the hair and pin everything in place with bobby pins.
- You can now pull on the edges of the bun to make it fuller.
I love this method because it gives a perfectly shaped bun every time. The longer your hair is, the more you can pull it apart to make it bigger.
Now, the key to making this a bit more festive than an everyday top knot, is a nice accessory. I used a bun pin that was sent to me from MyKitsch, but as I was uploading my pictures for this post, I realized I didn’t take one that showed it off properly (facepalm lol), so here’s an older one from my Instagram:
You can watch the tutorial for all three hairstyles in the video below:
I hope you enjoyed these last minute holiday hairstyles and that now, hopefully, you won’t have to go through one day of the holidays not knowing what to do with your hair! 😉
As always, happy hairstyling and speak soon! Merry Christmas!