LACE BRAIDED LOW MESSY BUN TUTORIAL
Hello lovely! Messy buns are one of the quickest, most universal ways to achieve a chic, effortless look. The thing I love about a low messy bun is that no matter how messy, it never looses that touch of elegance. Two weeks ago I shared a High messy bun with an upside down braid tutorial. This week I wanted to do a low bun embellished with a lace braid (you know I love a lace braid lol).
Lace braided low messy bun
I also love that this style doesn’t require any hair prepping or previous heat styling! 😉 Once you get the hang of it, this is a fairly quick hairstyle.
- Make a side parting and pick up a triangular section near the parting on the heavier side. Divide it into three strands.
- Start crossing the outer strands over the middle one. Every time you reach the front strand, add additional hair from the hairline into that strand before crossing it over the middle. Don’t add in hair from the back.
- After adding in the last section from right above the ear, finish braiding a normal 3 strand braid and secure it with an elastic.
- Gather all of your hair in a low ponytail and tie it together with the braid with a hair tie. You can use the tip of a tail comb to gently smooth over any lumps you might have in the crown area.
- You can use another hair tie and start as if you were tying a ponytail, but instead of pulling the hair all the way through, pull it halfway through and create another loop with the hair tie. Place the hair as you like and secure it with bobby pins to hide the hair tie.
- Alternatively you can separate your pony into several sections and twist each section, grab on to a thin strand at the end of it and push the rest towards the roots to fluff it up. Then just secure it with bobby pins all around the hair tie to hide it. This option is much better if your hair is shorter 😉
I hope you like this tutorial! Let me know if there is any tutorial you’d like to see next or if you have any other questions! 🙂
Have a wonderful hair day lovely! Until next time!