HALOCOUTURE EXTENSIONS PONYTAIL REVIEW
Hello lovelies! I’m super excited today to share with you some thoughts on the HaloCouture Extensions Ponytail that I bought recently. Plus I will be doing a bonus tutorial! 😉
First let me say that this isn’t a sponsored post! I wasn’t asked to review this product and I paid for it myself 😉 I just really love it and want to share my opinion with you!
You know how sometimes we get really excited about something, we see the adds and it seems super cool, then we order it and when it arrives and we unpack the product…and we get at least a little bit disappointed?
It was totally not the case here! If you live in the US you can simply make an appointment in one of their salons here in the salon finder section, as the are mainly a salon exclusive company. There you can see it first hand and get the extensions matched to hair by professionals.
However if you live in Europe like me, you still have the possibility to order online or by phone. The customer service is super nice and responds quickly. They also help you colour match, you just have to send in a picture of your hair in daylight 😉
HALOCOUTURE EXTENSIONS PONYTAIL REVIEW
OK, so let me start at the beginning 😉
- It came in a very nice package that I now use for storage (see video on the bottom of the post for more details), and it came with a tail comb and two bobby pins, colour matched to my hair, which I didn’t even expect 😉
- They didn’t smell bad! That happened to me once, when I ordered from another place and they smelled of the plastic package they came in an it didn’t go away even after I washed it. Not the case here!
- Good quality hair! Also the whole product finish is really solid.
- Very easy to put on. As you can see in the pictorial below or in the video, it has a little comb attached, that you stick in above your real ponytail. You then rap it around your real hair and use the velcro to secure it. Then you take that extra piece of hair designed to rap around the base of the ponytail. After you secure it with bobby pins it stays in all day 😉
- Your real hair doesn’t show underneath! My hair is significantly shorter and there is no way it would blend if it was actually sticking out. The design of this product allows all of my real hair to be covered.
- I love the versatility! You can style it however you want. Here are just a few examples:
Can you see how much fun I’m having with them? 😉 Needless to say, I think this product is worth recommending! It’s not cheap, but in my opinion worth the investment if something like this is what you’re looking for 😉
Now let’s dive in to the tutorial!
DUTCH BRAIDED PONY USING HALOCOUTURE EXTENSIONS PONYTAIL
Step 1. (pictures 1-2) Divide your hair into two sections and secure one of them away with a clip or elastic so it doesn’t get in the way when you braid the other part. Pick up a triangular section at the top near the parting, divide into three sections and start braiding a dutch braid. Cross the outer strands under the middle. After one whole stitch, start adding in new sections of hair to the outer strands and cross under the middle from both sides.
Step 2. (pictures 2-5) Continue step 1 until you get down to the nape of your neck and secure the braid with an elastic. Repeat on the other side and then gently pull out the braids to make them look fuller.
Step 3. (picture 6) Gather your pigtails and tie them together in one ponytail with an elastic!
If you have long hair, you’re already done! 😉 If you have shorter hair and want it longer, or have long hair but want a fuller pony, you can continue with the next step:
Step 4. (pictures 10-12) Take your HaloCouture Ponytail and use it’s little comb to stick in over the elastic of you ponytail. Now cover you hair all the way around and use the velcro to secure it. Now all you have to do is take the extra piece of hair and rap it around the base of the ponytail and secure it with one or two bobby pins (I sometimes use three). You’re done.
Now just enjoy your long and full hair! 🙂
Here’s also a video version of the tutorial where I also talk about the extensions! Be sure to check it out! 😉
See you next time! Kisses from Barcelona! :*