HALLOWEEN 2016 – 1920’S GATSBY INSPIRED FAUX BOB TUTORIAL
Halloween is right around the corner so it’s time to practice your hair game. Because let’s face it, the hair can make or break a costume, right? 😀 If you’re already planning to go for a vintage Gatsby look, this 1920’s inspired faux bob tutorial is perfect for you! I think this hairstyle will go well with many different looks and costumes. It’s fun to do, even if you only want to try out short hair without making the commitment.
Faux bob for Halloween
To achieve this look, you’ll need a curling wand (or iron), a paddle brush, teasing comb and bobby pins.
- Separate a horizontal layer from the bottom (about an inch thick) and clip the rest of the hair out of the way. Divide that layer into several sections and wrap them flat around the iron.
- Once curled, wrap them around your finger and roll underneath towards the nape of your neck and secure with bobby pins. Once the entire section is pinned securely, section off another layer above.
- Again, curl that section by wrapping it flat around the iron. Then, use a teasing comb to push the curls up. Wrap several sections around your finger, roll under and pin to the nape of your neck. This will form a sort of cushion that you’ll pin the top layers to.
- Curl the hair in the back of your head and sides in small sections, everything in the direction towards your face. That will give it that vintage look. For a more modern version, you can curl away from your face or alternate the direction of the curls.
- Lastly, move over to the top layer. Key to this look is a deep side part. Hold the wand horizontally, with the tip pointing to the side you’re curling the hair towards. Wrap small sections towards your face.
- Brush the curls out with a paddle brush once they’ve cooled down.
- Use a small clip and place it in the wave indentation to enhance the finger wave effect. To avoid leaving a mark from the clip, fold a piece of toilet paper and place it between the clip and the hair.
- Push the curls up with a comb, and the hair will instantly appear shorter. Place any ends that are still sticking out and appearing too long in a bobby pin, then stick the pin in the cushion you’ve formed underneath.
TIP: Spray with strong hold hair spray and crunch the hair up while it’s drying. You can use a head band to decorate this look.
I hope you enjoyed this Halloween hair tutorial! Let me know what you think!
Happy hairstyling! See you next time lovely!