READY FOR SOME HAIR COMPLIMENTS? EASY FRENCH BRAID UPDO FOR SPRING 💐
I did this hairstyle several days ago now, and posted a picture to Instagram. I think it’s the perfect updo for spring!💐 I got many requests for a tutorial, so I can’t wait to share it with you guys! Especially since this fits perfectly with your requests for easy hairstyles, AND it can seriously be worn for either work, or to an event!
I’ve been wearing it every day since and I’ve gotten a ton of compliments on my hair. So I do believe this one is worth putting in your hair-drobe.😉
Easy french braided updo for spring
All you’ll need are three clear elastics, bobby pins and some hairspray. I think we should jump right in! Watch the video below to see the instructions, or you can read the step-by-step further down.
- Make a reversed U shaped section from behind your ears to right below your occipital bone. Clip the top part away.
- You have different options with the lower section, depending on your hair length and preference. For shorter hair, make a regular 3 strand braid and tie it with an elastic. Pull the braid apart for some volume, flip it over and pin it to your head covering the ends. For mid length to long hair, twist the braid into a loop (or as many times as you need to) covering the end to create a bun.
- Release the rest of your hair. Now you’ll do a french braid on each side. Divide a small section near the parting into 3 strands and start crossing the outer strands over the middle. Add in additional hair to the outer strands before crossing over from the front and back.
- Make sure the sections you add aren’t too tiny. Add in new hair until you’ve added your last section from behind the ear and you’ve more or less reached the middle back of your head adding in hair from the top. Then finish braiding a regular braid to the end.
- Pull it apart for volume. LOTS OF VOLUME.🙂 Take your time and gently tug on and pull out the edges of the braid and the added in sections. This will make the whole hairstyle look full and voluminous, as opposed to laying flat against your head. Make sure to always hold the braid in the direction of where it will lay against your head. Otherwise you’ll pull out the top sections in your crown too much, which will create an ugly bulk when you place it back.
- Repeat a french braid on the other side.
- Drape the braids over and around your lower bun, tucking the ends underneath and secure everything with bobby pins.
TIP: After everything is secured, go back and pull the hairstyle even further apart. You can give yourself a nice poof in the crown area without having teased your hair at all. When you’re happy with the way it looks, go ahead and add some hairspray to finish it off.
If you like this, why not share with your friends? Hover over the image below and share it to Pinterest☺️
I hope you enjoyed this easy spring updo, and remember you can always let me know if you have other requests!
Until next time lovely! Happy hairstyling!