EASY DIY HAIR TUTORIAL – HOW TO MAKE HAIR FLOWERS
Hello lovely! I’m really longing for spring now! Something I don’t get much of here in Norway. Even though I’m not too worried (I’m going back to Barcelona soon) I still made an attempt to draw out the spring with hair flowers! 😉 Because what can be more spring like than flowers?
Easy way to create hair flowers
This technique is super easy – you can use it to create fluffy buns or you can even create a faux crown braid by placing these “hair flowers” all around your head.
Watch the video below and read the step-by-step instructions to see just how easy this is:
- Flip your hair to one side and pick up a medium section of hair close to the parting on the side with less hair.
- Twist the section away from your face (not too tight), then grab on to a couple of strands of hair and slide the rest of the hair towards the roots. This will create a fluffy flower lookalike. Pin that section in place with a bobby pin or two playing around with the placement.
- Pick up a new section right below the first one and repeat the same steps. Depending on the size of the sections you take, you should be able to create 3 to 4 flowers underneath each other (placing the last one right above your ear).
- Take a look in the mirror, make sure the flowers spread out nicely, use more bobby pins to adjust if needed.
- Finish everything off with hairspray.
And voila! Pretty easy isn’t it? Now that you know how to create them, you can experiment with the placement and create different looking hairstyles using this technique! 😉
TIP: This will work best on hair that’s soft and sleek (not necessarily straight). I don’t recommend you rough up the texture with any hairspray or salt spray as this can make it more difficult to pull the hair up. Also, the less strands of hair you’ll grab on to before pulling the rest up, the easier it will glide.
How did you like the hair flowers created by using this easy hair hack?
Would you give it a try?
See you next time lovely! Have a great hair day!