BOHEMIAN SIDE SWEPT HOLIDAY HAIRSTYLE
As I mentioned last week, I’m doing a series of holiday hairstyles in honor of upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas! 😀 First up was an updo suitable for shorter and medium length hair (you can check it out here if you missed it). This weeks bohemian side swept holiday hairstyle is mostly suitable for long hair or at least medium length hair. Otherwise the side swept effect won’t make as much sense 😉 My hair is medium length with a lot of shorter layers, so I clipped in some hair extensions to emphasize the side sweeping a little bit, but this step us completely optional.
Holiday hair bohemian style
I wanted to create something romantic and elegant, but without it being too overdone. And you probably know I love a bit of messiness in the hair 😉 I also curled my hair and extensions with a curling wand away from my face, but I want to leave the choice of curl or texture up to you and whatever you feel comfortable with. Now let’s move on to how easy this actually is to achieve! If you prefer to see it “live”, rather than on pictures and reading, scroll down to the bottom and see the video! 🙂
- Leaving out the front sections, take a bit of hair in the crown area, make a little twist in the back and push it up slightly, then pin it in place with a bobby pin or two.
- If your hair is going to sweep to your right side, pick up a section from the temple on the left side and twist it upwards. Then gently pull on the edges of the twist to loosen it up and pin it to the back of your head, just past the center on the right side.
- Repeat this twice, taking two more sections on the left side, right underneath each other. Loosen up the twists. If you feel they get too loose, pin them closer together with more bobby pins (insert the pins inside and in the opposite directions of the twist).
- Now to hide the ends of the twists on the right side, pick up a section just underneath where the twists are pinned to your head, and braid it into a regular 3 strand braid.
- Pull the braid apart for volume and tie it off with a clear elastic. Make sure you don’t tie it too tightly.
- Grab on to a thin strand of the very ends of that braid and push the rest of the hair up, towards the roots. This will create a messy and fluffy texture.
- Place this pushed up braid over the ends of the twists and form a round shape, kind of reminding of a messy flower. Secure this with bobby pins and you’re done.
That is really it! Quite easy, isn’t it? Here’s the finished look:
Hope you enjoyed this side swept hairstyle tutorial! Please let me know if you have any other requests!
Happy hairstyling and see you next time lovely!