There are many ways where we can style our hair: dye, braid, curl, straighten, cut or even give it an extension for that instant bangs or long hair depending on our moods.
Hair extensions have been a fashion trend for as early as 3400 B.C. Extensions give more body and volume to seem flat and boring hair. This can be done from a professional salon or it can be a DIY that can be clipped.
What’s great about these is that some are made with real human hair extensions, which totally resemble our natural locks.
But how do we keep and maintain our hair extensions in perfect conditions just like our mane?
In this article, we’ve curated the Best Oils for Hair Extensions that will help keep it shiny, smooth, and maintain its good shape.
If you’re interested to know more about it, keep reading.
Top 5 Best Oils for Hair Extensions
1. MIZANI 25 Miracle Nourishing Oil Lightweight, Nourishing Hair Oil with Coconut Oil for All Hair Types
Mizani has been creating a variety of hair products suitable for all types since 1991.
From serum, shampoo, conditioner, mask, jelly to oil, you name it they have it! And what’s better news for their products is that all are formulated with natural ingredients.
MIZANI 25 Miracle Nourishing Oil’s primary ingredient is coconut oil. Coconut oil helps moisturize and repair damaged tresses. It can also prevent hair loss and could aid in thickening our strands.
Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that help retain moisture in our hair. However, keep in mind that coconut oil can cause hair to look greasy if put too much, you may need to shampoo your extensions twice to remove excess oil from the hair.
It also contains other oils such as olive oil, sunflower oil, and jojoba oil that penetrate deep in the hair shafts leaving hair shiny, manageable, and moisturized.
With just a few drops, this product can go a long way!
- Dry Hair
- Lightweight formula
- Ideal for all hair types
- Absorbs fast
- Uses 99% biodegradable formula
- Smells great
- Too much application can make your hair look oily
2. Argan Oil for Hair Treatment By Arvazallia Leave in Treatment & Conditioner
Arvazallia is specially formulated to repair and restore damaged hair, eliminating frizzy hair and transforming it into soft, silky, and manageable hair.
It contains one of the most common ingredients found in many beauty products, Argan oil.
Comes from the extracts of argan tree, this natural oil is rich in essential nutrients like vitamin e, antioxidants, and fatty acids that protect our hair from UV rays that cause hair to dry and damaged. It nourishes the strands which then reduces brittleness preventing split ends and promoting hair growth.
This can help your extensions and hair feel softer, healthier, and shinier.
Its non-greasy formula makes it ideal as a finishing oil after styling. For best results, pour a few drops on your palm and rub your hands to slightly heat the oil, and then apply to your hair.
- All Hair type
- Dry, frizzy, and damaged hair
- Can be used as a heat protectant
- A small amount goes a long way
- Doesn’t have that greasy feel when applied
- The scent is strong for some
3. Hair Food Sulfate Free Dye Free Smoothing Treatment Argan oil and Avocado oil
Hair should be nourished, the same way we nourish our bodies. Hair Food recipes are inspired by fresh and nourishing ingredients, crafted to be safe for color-treated hair, sulfate-free, dye-free, paraben-free, perfect for people with sensitive skin, and did I say they are cruelty-free too!
This hair oil treatment is infused with the gentle essences of moisturizing avocado and smoothing argan oil.
Avocado oil helps stimulate blood flow and unclog blocked follicles. These effects may help fight hair loss. Also, it naturally contains biotin that plays a major role in the growth of healthier, thicker, and longer hair.
- Color-treated hair
- Guilt-free nourishment
- Safe for sensitive hair and skin
- Smells amazing
- Keep hair smooth and improves shine
4. OKAY Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Coconut Oil | For All Hair Textures & Skin Types
OKAY Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Coconut Oil is formulated to strengthen and moisturize hair to provide thicker, shinier, and tangle-free hair.
It contains castor oil, which helps strengthen hair preventing hair from shedding. It is also known to help grow and thicken eyebrows and eyelashes.
While coconut oil helps moisturize and hydrate hair. It also helps prevent breakage and split ends leaving hair stronger and shinier.
- All hair type
- Helps stimulate collagen production
- Formulated with Extra Dark 100% Natural Jamaican Castor Oil and 100% Pure Coconut Oil
- Can also be applied on eyebrows, lashes for a thicker growth
- Need to buy a dropper separately
5. Cliganic USDA Organic Jojoba Oil, 100% Pure
Cliganic is made from 100% Pure Organic Jojoba Oil that is cold-pressed, unrefined, and all-natural, making it the ultimate treatment for dry skin and hair; this has been certified by USDA to verify its purity.
Jojoba oil is extracted from the jojoba plant. It deeply penetrates the hair shaft providing shine and softness to hair and hair extension. This can also help reduce dandruff and itchiness caused by dry scalp.
- All hair type
- Cruelty-free and vegan friendly
- No additives, no added fragrance, no alcohol
- 100% certified pure organic jojoba oil
- Safe for sensitive hair and skin
- Doesn’t feel greasy when applied
- Some doesn’t prefer its scent
Extra Hair Care Tips
Here are some tips on how to take care of your hair extensions:
- Proper detangling of hair is a must.
- Wear a loose bun while you’re sleeping to avoid it from rubbing it against the pillow.
- Naturally, dry your hair after washing by gently patting it dry with a towel.
- Condition your hair extension with the right products and lastly,
- Apply Natural oils for that natural shine and nutrients!
Applying oil can be absolutely beneficial not just to our natural hair, but also to our hair extensions. With just the right amount, It adds moisture and nutrients to our hair preventing it from getting dry and frizzy, keeping hair strands healthy and well-nourished.
Just make sure to apply it at the midshaft all the way to the tips to avoid breaking the microbeads or adhesives of your extensions.
Final Verdict: Which One Should You Buy?
Proper hair care is important not just on our own hair but also on our hair extensions for them to last longer. Including hair oils as part of a daily hair regimen are absolutely beneficial to avoid it from getting dry and frizzy as well as nourishing the hair with essential nutrients.
To prevent damaging our hair as well as stripping away its natural oils, It would be great if the product is free from harsh chemicals.
With that being said, the best hair oils we recommend would be the Hair Food Smoothing Treatment Argan oil and Avocado oil!
What’s great about this product is it’s free from sulfates, dye-free, paraben-free which is perfect even for sensitive skin. It nourishes hair with its all-natural ingredients without the greasy feeling, Leaving hair and extensions looking soft, smooth, and fragrant!