5 TIPS & TRICKS ON HOW TO WEAR YOUR HAIR WITH A HAT
Hello beautiful friends!
5 tips & tricks on how to wear your hair with a hat
1. Most important – chose your hairstyle wisely! Unless your hair is stick straight, you might want to avoid cutting bangs during hat season. The last thing you need is to spend time styling your side bangs only to have them go flat, sweaty and wave in different directions when your hat comes off…
Instead of worrying about your hair going flat, pick a hairstyle that doesn’t require so much volume on the top.
My favourite is loose waves at the bottom with a sleeker top:
This look is easy and quick to achieve with a flat iron.
- Part your hair into two sections, top and bottom and clip away the top section.
- For this lightly wavy look, pick up bigger sections of hair. You’ll roughly need to divide the bottom into six sections (3 on each side) and the top into six sections as well. Feel free to modify depending on the thickness and density of your hair.
- Start by picking up first section in the front, brush it through. While holding it horizontally, clamp the flat iron on to it, rotate it 180 degrees away from your face and bring it slowly down the hair-shaft.
- Now take the next sections from behind your ears, bringing them a bit forward so it’s easier to grab on to and repeat, always rotating the flat iron 180 degrees and pulling it slowly down.
- Release the hair from the top and repeat those exact steps.
TIP: If your hair is thicker, it will be quicker and healthier to divide it into smaller sections that you can go over with the flat iron just once. Remember the idea is not to make neat curls but to give your hair a nice wave and slight curl at the bottom. Pay special attention to the front pieces as they will be the most noticeable. Curling them away from your face is the most flattering when wearing your hat of any kind:
If you have other favourite tips on how to wear you hair with a hat, be sure to let me know in the comments! 🙂
See you next time lovelies!